- Tony and Grammy-nominated producer
- Produced the critically-acclaimed Broadway Musical “A Christmas Story,” which broke box-office records at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, received Tony nominations for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book and was named one of the Top 10 Shows of 2012 by Time Magazine and #1 Musical of 2012 by USA Today.
- Was the executive director of the Tony Award-winning National Theatre of the Deaf
- Founded the Stuart Street Playhouse in Boston.
- Co-founded, with his wife Patty Carver, Connecticut Children’s Theatre, the acclaimed national touring company.
- Co-managing partner of Patriot Productions in New York City.
Assistant Director and Professor
- Musical Director/Conductor for “Cats” on Broadway, “Jekyll and Hyde,” “Mary Poppins,” ”Kiss Me Kate,” “Hairspray,” “The Producers,” “The Yeston/Kopit “Phantom,” “By Jeeves,” “Rent,” “Spring Awakening” and “Chicago,” and many more.
- Worked with Cy Coleman on the York Theatre Production of “Little Me.”
- Worked with TV and Broadway performers Rue MacLanahan, Vicki Lawrence, John Raitt, Georgia Engel, Judy Kaye, Lucy Arnez, Kaye Ballard, Jamie Farr, and Mimi Hines, among many others.
- Wrote all of the vocal and musical arrangements for the Nunsense musical series, which includes “Nunset Boulevard,” “Nunsensations,” “Meshuggah-Nuns” and “Nuncrackers- A Christmas Nunsense.”
- Musical Director for the New York and Boston Companies of “Nunsense.”
- National tours include “The Sound of Music” starring Burke Moses and Marla Schaffel, “The Music Man” starring Jim Dale, “I Do, I Do” starring Lucy Arnez and Lawrence Luckinbill, “Annie” starring JoAnne Worley, “Carousel” with John Raitt and the 20th All-Star Anniversary tour of “Nunsense.”
- Musical directed and performed in the TNN Television special “Nunsense Jamboree” with Vicki Lawrence.
- Won the Festival of Emerging Playwrights Competition with his original piece “Dorothy Parker – A Symptom Recital”, which was fully produced at the Phoenix Theatre in Indianapolis.
- Created many shows which are annually produced by the Connecticut Children’s Theatre.
- Designed and built sets at Sacred Heart University since 1994.
- Involved in Performing Arts for over 30 years, as a technician, performer and a music teacher.
- Built sets for many Fairfield County theatres.
- Worked alongside the local Stagehand Union at many events over the years.
Professor and Guest Lecturer
- The only actor in the world to have portrayed Jean Valjean in “Les Miserables” (2000 performances), the Phantom in Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s “The Phantom Of The Opera,” and the title role in “Jekyll & Hyde” on Broadway.
- Starred in the PBS broadcast of “The 10th Anniversary: Les Miserables in Concert” (Jean Valjean).
- Played Che in “Evita,” Tevye in “Fiddler On The Roof,” Archibald in “The Secret Garden” and Father in “Children Of Eden.”
- Television credits include “The Guiding Light,” “All My Children,” “One Life To Live,” “As The World Turns,” “The Rosie O’Donnell Show,” “Weekend Today” and MTV’s “Celebrity Death Match.”
- Produces and performs in Pops concerts worldwide
- Graduated from Sacred Heart University in 2010 with a BA in English.
- Post graduation career has focused on arts management, including merchandise manager for “A Christmas Story, The Musical” on Broadway and East Coast tour
- Assistant to the producer and crowd funding campaign manager for “The Gig, The Musical” at New York Musical Theatre Festival
- Licensee liaison for those obtaining the rights to perform ACS.
- Currently assists with the Performing Arts, Theatre Arts Program and the Edgerton Center for Performing Arts.
- Holds a Master of Arts from The Savannah College of Art & Design
- Over a decade of experience in all areas of graphic design.
- Currently forecasts and implements marketing and advertising material for the Performing Arts department ensuring a consistent brand voice across all channels.
- Performs voice-over and on-camera work for Hispanic television, radio, and has appeared in some independent films and educational videos.
- Currently a presenter and often a guest-host for El show de Analeh in Univision.
- Graduated from Sacred Heart University in 2015 with a degree in Psychology and Communications
- Currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Media Literacy from Sacred Heart University
- Provides day-to-day support to all areas of Performing Arts including guest artist agreements, and management of Edgerton Center staff.
- Experience in marketing and content creation across a variety of platforms
- Professional stagehand for over 25 years.
- Worked in in all aspects of theatre in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
- Technical Director of the Edgerton Center since 1994.
- Trained by masters of dance such as Mr. Charles Kelley, Phil Black and Don Farnsworth.
- Trained at Alvin Ailey’s American Dance Theatre.
- Recorded both lead and back up vocals for various artists, nationally and abroad.
- Worked as a choreographer and artist for RAI TV in Rome, Milan and Naples.
- Travelled the world as a singer and dancer for Costa & MSC Cruise Liners.
- Toured nationally with musicals such as “Smokey Joe’s Café” (Brenda), “Jesus Christ Superstar” (Mary Magdalene) and “Pippin” (Leading Player).
- Assistant Artistic Director at D’Valda & Sirico Dance and Music Centre in Fairfield, CT.
- Guest faculty presenter at Dance Teacher Web conferences in Las Vegas.
- Resident choreographer for several Sacred Heart University’s Theatre Arts Program productions.
Adjunct Professor / Lecturer
- Co-founded the Music Theatre of Connecticut, Inc (MTC) in 1987
- Director of the School of Performing Arts and MTC’s Managing Director.
- Nominated for Connecticut Critic Circle Awards
- BFA degree in Theatre from Otterbein College
- Trained at the Actors’ Theatre of Louisville, Playwright’s Horizons in New York City and Improv Asylum in Boston.
- Blue Ribbon Panelist for the Daytime Emmy Awards
- Voting committee for the SAG awards
- Member of “Who’s Who in the American Theatre” from 1991-present.
- Member of Actors Equity Association (AEA, SAG and AFTRA) since 1980.
Adjunct Professor / Lecturer
- Professional musical theatre composer and director for more than 35 years
- Off Broadway credits include PLAY LIKE A WINNER (NYMF/Playwrights’ Horizons), PRIME TIME PROPHET (Players Theatre), THE ABANDONED LOVES OF FREDERICK R. (Westbeth), LIFE ANONYMOUS (46th Street Theatre)
- Selected regional productions: THE FANTASTICKS, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A LIVE RADIO PLAY; BABES IN TOYLAND, A CHRISTMAS CAROL and BABY; with such stars as Joan Rivers, James Naughton, Skitch Henderson, and Johnny Mathis.
- Co-Founded Music Theatre of Connecticut where he still serves as Executive Artistic Director
- Directed 50+ Equity MainStage productions including NEXT TO NORMAL, LADY DAY AT EMERSON’S BAR AND GRILL, LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, THE FANTASTICKS, EVITA, DOUBT, MASTER CLASS, GYPSY, (all Connecticut Critics’ Circle Award Nominations/Winners), and IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A LIVE RADIO PLAY (Moss Hart Award Winner).
- Published works as a composer: IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A LIVE RADIO PLAY and A CHRISTMAS CAROL: A LIVE RADIO PLAY (both published by Playscripts, Inc.).
- 7-time Connecticut Critics’ Circle Best Director nominee and recipient of the Tom Killen Award for Outstanding Contribution to Connecticut Professional Theatre
- Served on the faculties of The Hartt School of Music/University of Hartford, Sacred Heart University, the University of Bridgeport, and Musical Theatre Works in NYC.
Adjunct Professor / Lecturer
- Scenic Designer – Technical Director
- Music Theatre of Connecticut – Norwalk CT. _Resident Designer/Production manager. Designed 10+ productions and helped to create concept and open thier New Theatre space in Norwalk, CT in 2014.
- Director of Operations for Essay Video in Norwalk. Event and Corporate Meeting Video Production and installation.
- Technical Producer for Van Wyck & Van Wyck creating large scale destination events, responsible for all technical aspects of event production.
- Production Manager for Bernhard-Link Theatrical Productions working in the Event and Fashion industry producing all scenic elements for productions.
- Owner and Founder of Gest Scenic Creation doing high end fabrications and event and theatrical scenery for Off Broadway and large scale event producers.
- Husband and Father to the dynamic and ever lovely home team of Chandler & Dominic.
Adjunct Professor / Lecturer
- Professional Actor for over 20 years
- Acting credits include: The Shakespeare Theatre Company: Othello. Ford’s Theatre: A Christmas Carol.
- Academy of Classical Acting at the Shakespeare Theatre and the George Washington University: The Merry Wives of Windsor, The Maid’s Tragedy.
- Hartford Stage Company: The Philadelphia Story.
- New York credits include Rattlestick Theatre, The Kraine Theatre, and Expanded Arts.
- MFA from The Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Academy for Classical Acting at GW University
- Graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and Niagara University
- Director of productions of Twelfth Night and The Tempest at SHU
- Instructor in SHU’s Theatre Arts department